Scope of this attachment is to provide some preliminary information on the possibility of storing CO2-rich solvent for later regeneration in post combustion capture plants.
The following main aspects have been evaluated, based on the information provided by leading Licensors of post combustion solvent-washing processes:
- Feasibility of storing CO2 rich solvent;
- Storage operating conditions to avoid degradation rate;
- Maximum storage time to avoid solvent degradation;
- Safety and potential risks of such a storage.
FW like to acknowledge the following leading post combustion capture technology Licensors, listed in alphabetical order, for the useful information provided on the above topics:
- Aker Clean Carbon;
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI);
It has also to be mentioned that MHI owns a patent in the European Unit, USA and Japan (EP 0537593B1), which is dedicated to the storing of solvent and regeneration during high power demand.