This publication has been prepared to:
- Provide a basic guide for the health and safety hazard analysis for offshore management of CO2 pipelines and platforms, where CO2 will be present as a part of carbon capture and storage (CCS) installations.
- Communicate existing knowledge on pipeline and offshore facility design and operation and identify areas of uncertainty where existing knowledge cannot be applied with sufficient confidence, considering the scale and nature of expected CCS operations in the future.
- Set out existing knowledge on pipeline, offshore facilities, design, operation, for CO2 operations.
- Identify areas of uncertainty where existing knowledge cannot be applied with sufficient confidence.
- Allow engineers andinvolved in CCS projects to widen their knowledge base to ensure that procurement of equipment and operational guidelines are using the current knowledge.