3 The LNG Value Chain
- LNG adds value to Natural Gas by allowing efficient transport over very long distance.
- LNG is a complex, multi-unit value chain but with similar configuration common to most developments
- Stringent pre-treatment of feed gas is critical for LNG process performance
- There are multiple technology providers for the core process, in a competitive market, with two of them dominating
- Storage, shipping and re-gasification are significant components of overall value chain
- LNG has been applied to conventional and unconventional gas sources and to on-shore and off-shore