GCCSI webinar on CCS communication available online
24 Aug 2012
The slides and recordings from a(GCCSI) webinar about communicating CCS, held on 16 August, are now available online. The webinar, led by Peta Ashworth, discussed the outcomes of some of the 30 projects on CCS that GCCSI has funded during the last three years. The studies all show that tailoring the language for different audiences and using visual imagery are of particular importance for effectively communicating CCS to the public. The webinar stressed the importance of having a range of different stakeholders involved in the communication, instead of only industry and government representatives, which by parts of the public are seen as less trusted than NGO and academic representatives.
- A discussion of the findings and implications of Synthesis of CCS Social Research: Reflections and State of Play 2013 report
- Communicating about CCS: tools and case studies
- Webinar series: Public engagement, education and outreach for carbon capture and storage. Part 1: Lessons learned and tackling future challenges
- Communication of carbon capture and storage: outcomes from an international workshop to summarise the current global position
- Report on Japan CCS stakeholder day