CSIRO project to map Australia’s wave energy
The Australian Renewable Energy Agency today announced $1.3 million funding for CSIRO to undertake an innovative wave resource mapping and modelling project. ARENA chief exectuive Ivor Frischknecht said the funding would enable CSIRO to develop a publically accessible wave energy atlas that would allow users to better assess the feasibility of wave power projects off Australian shores. “This project builds on CSIRO’s previous work and is an important step forward in enabling more wave energy projects to come to the fore in Australia,” Mr Frischknecht said.
- Advanced biofuels study. Strategic directions for Australia: summary report
- Carbon capture and storage could help Australia reach zero net emissions by 2050
- Insights from interviews, a survey and a workshop with potential end-users of the global atlas for solar and wind energy
- Wave and tidal energy in the UK: conquering challenges, generating growth
- CCS included in decarbonisation pathways for Australia and other major emitters