ARENA backs on-grid PV storage solution
The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) today announced $445,000 funding for Reposit Power (Reposit) to trial an on-grid solar photovoltaic (PV) energy storage and trading system. ARENA CEO Ivor Frischknecht said the new technology would allow consumers to gain more value from their rooftop solar PV installations. “One in five Australian households now use solar power. This substantial rise has made it vital to find solutions to better manage how residential solar systems operate in our electricity grids,” Mr Frischknecht said.
- Decarboni.se 5 this week- a new type of fusion, Tesla's "Giga-factories", Africa's largest wind farm and conquering the fluoro tube
- Solar intermittency: Australia's clean energy challenge
- Solar powering your community: a guide for local governments
- Solar photovoltaics: competing in the energy sector
- Renewables 2013 global status report