- There are no technical barriers preventing the implementation of commercial CO2 geological storage as part of the global deployment of CCS.
- Secure geological storage sites can be selected, characterised, operated and completed (closed) based on well-established risk management principles gained from decades of relevant industry experience.
- A variety of existing monitoring technologies have been successfully deployed at pilot and commercial-scale projects, demonstrating our ability to measure, monitor and verify CO2 injected into the subsurface.
- Operational experience from commercial-scale projects, and learnings from R&D programs, have informed a range of guidance documents that are currently being integrated into international standards for CO2 geological storage.
- Current R&D activities continue to improve our ability to monitor and quantify the CO2 injected into the subsurface