6 CCS in Developing Countries
- If longer-term climate goals are to be met, the largest deployment of will need to occur in developing countries.
- Three case studies highlight encouraging CCS activity in developing countries at different stages along the CCS Development Lifecycle.
- is making a promising start; early-mover opportunities have been identified and a high-level CCS Roadmap developed.
- has made good progress on its CCS/CCUS policy development and enabling environment, and is moving towards pilot-scale deployment.
- has enjoyed deployment success with its Lula Oil Field CCS Project – the world’s first large-scale CCUS offshore project.