Public Engagement tips from CO2CRC
One of the best ways of building capabilities and sharing knowledge is through practical examples and information. In this blog post, Dr Peter Cook, a leadingand the Chief Executive of the Cooperative Research Centre for Technologies (CO2CRC) talks openly about the public engagement approach implemented at the Otway Project, and shares his broader views on communicating and engaging with local communities.
The CO2CRC Otway Project is a world-leading international research project investigating the geological storage of carbon dioxide. It is widely praised and referenced for its effective public engagement activities.
I am sure you will find Peter's views and opinions insightful and helpful for people involved in communications and public engagement in CCS. Further information on the Otway Project is available on the CO2CRC website.
- Lessons from a CCS project site visit
- Public engagement campaign round-up
- Reviewing the experience from the CO2CRC Otway Project
- Evaluating global carbon capture and storage (CCS) communication materials: a survey of global CCS communications
- Why we need a Communications and Engagement Toolkit for CCS Projects